YIPA - A VOICE FOR YOUTH INTERVENTION
What is YIPA?
YIPA is the acronym for the Youth Intervention Programs Association.
For 33 years YIPA has been advocating for youth intervention and we are now over 100 member organizations strong! YIPA is a nonprofit organization that has been providing professional development services to youth intervention professionals, increasing community awareness about youth intervention, promoting best practices within the field of youth intervention services, and advocating on behalf of its membership since 1978. The beneficiaries of these youth intervention service programs have been the young people, their families, their communities and schools, and the businesses and citizenry of the State of Minnesota. YIPA is the only statewide organization in Minnesota that represents the full array of youth intervention services. More than 50,000 youths and their family members throughout Minnesota are served each year by YIPA’s member organizations.
To ensure that youth intervention programs are embraced and well equipped to provide high quality and cost effective early intervention youth services.
- To be a voice for youth intervention and support youth service organizations and professionals by:
- Promoting quality, community based youth intervention programs for youth.
- Providing on-going training programs, professional development, networking, collaboration, and educational products.
- Advocating for increased resources for youth intervention programs.
- Increasing public awareness and educating the community on youth issues.
- Strengthening the role of youth intervention and diversion services to ensure the continuum of care for youth on a statewide basis.
- We believe that youth intervention services are the most effective and economical way to make a difference in the lives of at-risk youth and the larger community.
- We believe we are an integral and strategic component for organizing the collective voice of at-risk youth.
- We believe that at-risk youth will receive quality services if youth service professionals are well trained and organizations are professionally managed.
- We believe that providing a forum for organizations to come together to share and collaborate will strengthen each organization’s effectiveness to serve at-risk youth and their families.
- We believe in educating the public to the social and economic benefits of youth intervention services.
- We believe that advocacy for youth intervention services at local, county and state levels are crucial to ensure success working with at-risk youth.
Services & Advocacy:
- Establishing networking and collaborations with youth service providers.
- Training of youth service professionals.
- Training and consultation in the development and implementation of community-based youth intervention programming.
- Professional development (through participation and leadership in various committees and other association activities).
- Advocating for community-based prevention, early intervention and diversion services for youth. More about the Youth Intervention Program (YIP)
- Developing youth related educational materials for youth intervention service professionals and the general public.